Thursday, March 8, 2012

Special place to stay in Ireland: The fantastic Hayfield Manor, Cork City

I hope you are ready to be tempted! If you are looking for a special place to stay in Cork, Ireland, I wholeheartedly recommend Hayfield Manor. 
Photos from our stay at Hayfield Manor, Cork
Snobby?
Hayfield Manor is a 5 star independent luxury hotel right in Cork City, and even if you are like my husband and me, who normally wouldn't splash much cash for a hotel, a stay here is well worth saving for. In truth, I was a bit nervous that I might feel out of place, that it might be snobby ....but I am happy to say I was completely wrong! The staff are all so very welcoming, genuinely warm and helpful--they made the beautiful period manor house more than just a lovely place--they made it a wonderful experience. 
A few days after our stay, Hayfield Manor put out this video-- and yes, everyone is that nice! Have a watch and you will get a look at and a feel for this special place to stay.

Highlights
Aside from the staff, the highlights of our short stay were:
 1. The incredible breakfast-- it was presented so very beautifully, and the dining room took my breath away! We were like kids in a candy shop with the selection- I may have been slightly giddy! :-) In addition to anything non-cooked you could possibly desire on the buffet, there were all sorts of cooked breakfast items on offer as table service. And so tasty! 
 2. The very big, comfortable bed. (Did you see how small Terry looks on it in the photo collage?) I have back problems and often am not comfortable on normal beds, but I slept like a log in Hayfield Manor's. 
Don't Miss
We stayed just one night, and weren't really thinking about the pool & spa that are part of Hayfield Manor- mistake! Terry is a fitness trainer, and when he realized they had a personal trainer, pool and such, he called in to the spa to look around. After a nice chat with the staff there he was then very sorry he didn't plan enough time to have a go. Luckily, Hayfield does a nice amount of special offers and packages, so we can save for another visit to fabulous Cork City & Hayfield Manor!
See you there?? :-)
WhereToStayInIreland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment, or tip about Ireland of your own? Please share it here :-) Thanks!